Having represented District C in the past, I have experience with the unique challenges facing public transit in the City of Denver.
As your Director, I will work to ensure a transit system that is reliable, safe, and accessible to all Denver residents.
The primary issues I will focus on are those of security, financial stability, driver recruitment, and affordable fares.
Who I am
- I am Vice President of the Foundation for Sustainable Urban Communities, managing the Sustainable Development Initiative, which includes advocacy and programs promoting alternative transportation modes. I am also Executive Director of Northeast Transportation Connections (NETC), a nonprofit that provides transportation solutions to the communities of northeast Denver.
- I am the former Director for RTD District C. During my time in office, I oversaw the opening of the new Denver Union Station and the expansion of the FasTracks public transit program, including the construction of the new University of Colorado A Line to Denver International Airport. I have held positions such as Chair of the Civil Rights Committee, Vice-Chair of the General Managers Oversight Committee, Secretary of the Board, and Member of the Executive Committee.
- In 2013, I was appointed to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Hispanic Transportation Council and currently sit on the Mayor’s Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
- Prior to my position at NETC, I was the Marketing and Public Relations Director for Mi Casa Resource Center for Women, which focused on advancing the economic success of Latino families.
- I served as Public Relations Coordinator and Co-Chair of the Diversity Team at the Rocky Mountain News, working to connect communities of diversity.
- I worked with the Girl Scouts Mile Hi Council for twenty years, where I developed programs that served high-risk girls and now serve as national models.
- I held the position of Public Relations and Fundraising Director for the Denver Center for Crime Victims, now the Center for Trauma and Resilience.
- I am an avid mass transit advocate, and I am dedicated to establishing sustainable transportation options that are inclusive across all socioeconomic levels.
Please click the button on the right to support Angie's campaign. Your donations are greatly appreciated!